How Can We Help?
Unisure International Health Insurance
Global Corporate Health Cover
mTek has partnered with Umatter to provide International Health Insurance Plans that give employees unlimited access to the best healthcare facilities and services that the world has to offer.
With an overall annual limit of USD 5,000,000 (KES 540 000 000) and worldwide* coverage, employers can ensure that their employees’ healthcare needs are always taken care of – whether their employees are in their home country, or working abroad.
Employers love Umatter for the fact that they can structure their benefits according to what they want and need. Our international private health insurance plans provide benefits for in-patient and outpatient services, plus local and international medical evacuations, maternity services, optical and dental treatment, as well as wellness services (including psychology and traditional medicine benefits).
Employers can opt for a Comprehensive Health Insurance plan (by selecting all five modules) or choose a more tailored approach (by selecting only the modules that their employees will need most).
What Makes Us Different?
Umatter offers personalized, innovative and flexible solutions, and it is fully regulated and approved by the Kenya Insurance Regulatory Authority (IRA) as a locally admitted and registered offering. This is achieved through a partnership with Mauritius Union Assurance (MUA), allowing Umatter to provide a hybrid solution which acts as both a local and international insurance plan.
- We can accept payments locally (in KES or USD), as well as pay claims and commissions locally. That allows our clients to save on charges, fees, foreign exchange risk and taxes (such as WHT and IPT) associated with international payments.
- We issue SMART Biometric membership cards (connected to the SMART Applications system and network of service providers in East Africa and beyond), allowing members the convenience of direct billing at a wide variety of healthcare facilities.
- If treatment is not available in an employee’s home country or is not up to standard, employees can access treatment in any medical facility worldwide.
- Employees are covered 24/7, 365 days a year, and their cover applies no matter where in the world they are, for whatever reason (business, holiday, relocation, etc.).
- We offer round-the-clock support through our international medical concierge service. Members can call (or email) us any time, whether they need advice on treating facilities, planning clinical pathways, obtaining pre-authorisation and lodging a claim, or urgent emergency assistance and evacuation. We’re always there to care for our members when they need us most.
*Worldwide coverage excluding the United States of America (USA), USA minor outlying islands and Canada. When traveling to any of these countries (territories), benefits will be limited to 30 calendar days per trip, as calculated from the original arrival date in the country.
In collaboration with