How Can We Help?

< All Topics

Frequently Asked Questions

Tip: Domestic insurance is accessible via the mTek app under Insurance Services – Buy Insurance section. Getting a quote to protect your home and valuables has never been this easy.

1. What is Domestic Insurance?

This is a type of cover that insures your house and its belongings against life’s unexpected events.    

 2. What does domestic insurance cover against?

Domestic Insurance covers against:

  • Fire
  • Theft
  • Accidental Damage
  • Liabilities to third parties
  • Occupational accidents
  • Liabilities as owner or occupier of residential buildings

 3. What is covered on a domestic insurance package?

 a. Section A: Building

It covers residential buildings including landlord’s fixtures, fittings, perimeter wall, gate and fences, all on the same premises against fire, natural causes e.g. earthquake, storm and lightning, human causes e.g. riot, strike and malicious damage, explosion e.g. explosion of domestic gas cylinders etc., miscellaneous causes e.g. bursting and overflowing of water tanks, apparatus, pipes and impact by road vehicles and animals.

b. Section B : Contents

This section covers the home owners contents including furniture, household goods and personal effects of every description, the property of the insured or that of any member of his family normally, residing with him, fixtures and fittings of the insured’s or for which he is legally responsible.

c. Section C : All Risks

This covers accidental damage and theft to specified portable items which are carried outside the house such as jewelry, electronic items like mobile phones, laptops, tablets and cameras. Etc.

d. Section D : WIBA

This covers domestic servants such as house helps, watchmen, gardeners and drivers in respect of injury, death or disease arising out of and in the course of employment. The cover is mandatory for all employers as per the Work Injury Benefit Act (WIBA).

e. Section E : Employers Liability

This cover protects the employer against legal and compensation expenses from employee claims.

f. Section F : Owner’s Liability

This section covers the homeowner against legal liability of third parties for accidental bodily injury and accidental loss of or damage to property.

g. Section G : Occupiers Liability

This section covers the home occupier against legal liability of third parties for accidental bodily injury and accidental loss of or damage to property.

4. What do I need to acquire a domestic insurance cover?

To get domestic insurance, you’ll need to provide an inventory of your household items as well as their value. You’ll also need to indicate the serial numbers of the electronic devices and attach receipts if available.

5. Can I insure my phone or computer alone?

No. However, you can separately cover your phone through Gadget Insurance.

6. Who are our insurance partners?

  • MUA Insurance (Kenya) Limited
  • Madison Insurance
  • Monarch Insurance
  • Occidental Insurance
  • Kenya Orient Insurance
  • GA insurance
  • Mayfair Insurance
  • AAR Insurance
  • First Assurance Insurance
  • Fidelity Insurance
  • Jubilee Insurance
Spread the love

1 Comment

  1. Jafary Wanyama

    Where can I visit your offices for further information. I need medical and domestic insurance.


Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *