Who is mTek?
mTek Services is a digital insurance broker in Kenya who is distributing policies through an innovative mobile application. This is a platform that is truly end-to-end (E2E) and provides an entirely paperless ecosystem for the insurance industry. Our solution allows customers to purchase Insurance directly from the Insurer, file for claims directly from the convenience of their smart device thus increasing efficiency and can capture critical data on claims from e.g. geo-located accident scenes.
The technology is tried, tested and proven, the Board now want to focus the business on the commercialisation of mTek. We are looking for a Country Head who will grow and shape mTek and focus the business on penetrating the market and building a powerful brand. The person should be excited to work in a stable start-up atmosphere, strategizing next steps and evaluating complex projects – all supported by our technology solution mTek! You will be expected to hit the ground running and wear the following hats:
Our Country Head is supposed to be our head coach. You help the team to set goals, plan for the future and realign them when they veer off course.
You need to be able to sell the vision of mTek and the benefits of working with us to potential partners, just like you do with our customers, investors and employees.
A giant service outage, a PR crisis or a team issue. As our Country Head, you’re an on-call firefighter, 24/7.
At mTek we believe strategy is what informs day-to-day tactics and ultimately fuels long-term growth. That’s why as our Country Head, one of your roles is to deliberately take time to think about strategy from a 40,000-foot perspective.
As our Country Head you can’t hide. You’ll need to step in and (sometimes) make difficult decisions.
Keeping morale high and keeping our team excited are critical to productivity and growth.
Job Title: Country Head
Job Type: Full Time
Reporting to: Board
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
- Working with the board to set and implement the overall vision of mTek
- Developing and implementing scalable and efficient strategies to ensure consistent results and exponential growth, profitability and value
- Attracting, retaining and developing world-class talent and cultivating a high-performing and agile team culture Driving day-to-day operations
- Aligning resources to achieve key business goals
- Owning the operational budget and managing burn rate
- Managing competition and threats in the marketplace, with constant evaluation of the financial structure, capital strategy and strategic objectives
- Providing expert guidance to all departments, including operations, sales and product
- Reporting updates to the Board of Directors and corporate stakeholders regarding progress on strategic goals
- Building strategic partnerships and relationships to drive growth
- Being the public champion for the business.
- Establishing credibility throughout the customer and partner network
- +3 years of experience leading and scaling a high growth start-up, preferably a company with funding requirements and 50+ employees
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree preferred)
- P&L responsibilities at Country Head or another senior level
- Proven track record of building successful products and high performing teams from the ground up
- Prior working experience in developing digital products and solutions is an advantage
- Relevant industry experience is an advantage
- Experience in managing a Board of Directors and corporate stakeholders
How to Apply
Please e-mail your application to [email protected] Ensure you indicate your salary expectation. Please understand that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.