Who is mTek?
mTek Services is a digital insurance broker in Kenya who is distributing policies through an innovative mobile application. This is a platform that is truly end-to-end (E2E) and provides an entirely paperless ecosystem for the insurance industry.
Our solution allows customers to purchase Insurance directly from the Insurer, file for claims directly from the convenience of their smart device thus increasing efficiency and can capture critical data on claims from e.g. geolocated accident scenes.
We are looking for a Sales Representative Mombasa to develop and shape our sales organisation and ultimately scale revenue in the Mombasa region! The person should be excited by selling into new markets with innovative products, strategizing next steps, negotiating complex deals and beating the competition in head to head opportunities – supported by our technology solution mTek!
Job Title: Sales Representative Mombasa
Job Type: Full Time
Reporting to: Head of Sales / CEO
- Start and scale sales for the mTek insurance offering in the Mombasa region
- Overall promote the mTek solution and products to potential customers and partners
- Analyze regional market trends and discover new opportunities for growth
- Assists in the development of the sales plan and provide full visibility into the sales pipeline at every stage of development
- Address potential problems and suggest prompt solutions
- Prepares forecasts reporting for the Head of Sales / CEO and Board for use in organizational planning, financial forecasting, budget setting and strategic planning
- Establish and foster partnerships and relationships with key customers / sub dealers and personally assist to close deals
- Work collaboratively across teams – including Technology, Product / Policies and Marketing
- Work closely with marketing to design best practices to deliver on the brand promise
- Provide input to product road maps with the product and technology teams and be key driver of customer feedback loop to deliver improvements to the mTek mobile application
- Suggest new services/products and innovative sales techniques to increase customer satisfaction
- Minimum of three (3) years work experience in Sales at Underwriter level or Brokerage firm
- BSC degree in Sales, Insurance, Business Administration or other relevant field
- Solid understanding of the Kenyan Insurance ecosystem incl. of its policies, other related products but also its regulatory requirements
- Ability to plan, organise, implement and evaluate sales goals
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Previous interaction within the Fintech sector is of advantage
- Should be customer obsessed to champion the customer in cross functional teams to ensure that our technology and processes deliver the best customer outcomes
- Should have problem solving and decision making abilities
- Proven ability to build and manage high-performing teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills and capable of performing as a team player and team leader
- Open / Ability to travel up to 50% of the time within the Mombasa cosmopolitan region
How to Apply
Please e-mail your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Ensure you indicate your salary expectation. Please understand that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.