Who is mTek?
mTek Services is a digital insurance broker in Kenya who is distributing policies through an innovative mobile application. This is a platform that is truly end-to-end (E2E) and provides an entirely paperless ecosystem for the insurance industry.
Our solution allows customers to purchase Insurance directly from the Insurer, file for claims directly from the convenience of their smart device thus increasing efficiency and can capture critical data on claims from e.g. geolocated accident scenes.
We are looking for a Finance Manager to develop and shape our finance division. The person should be excited by a stable start-up atmosphere, strategizing next steps and evaluating complex projects – all supported by our technology solution mTek! Please note that experience within the Technology and/or Insurance industry (especially Principle Officer Certificate) is an advantage.
Job Type: Full Time
Reporting to: CEO
– Provide useful financial insights to help make better decisions about formulating and executing strategy, and provide guidance and analysis to executive and operational management to improve results.
– Maintain system of accounts and keep books and records on all transactions and assets.
– Prepare and analyze accurate monthly financial and management reports, including income statement, balance sheet, budget and variance, projections and forecast, and cash flow.
– Maintain control of the following areas: general ledger, accounts payable, expense reports, billing, and payroll.
– Oversee maintenance of personnel files.
– Prepare a variety of ad hoc financial scenarios as requested.
– Ensure that all financial transactions are processed accurately, in a timely manner, and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
– Develop, implement, and maintain processes and controls that are current best practices related to transaction processing.
– Perform month-end closing procedures, including overhead allocations, account reconciliations, and updating schedules.
– Maintain an orderly accounting filing system.
– Assist in issuing timely, accurate, and complete financial statements for all levels, including Board of Directors, executive, and management.
– Assist in coordinating the preparation of the draft audited financial statements and all tax returns.
– Coordinate the preparation of financial information in the corporate annual report.
– Recommend and report upon benchmarks against which to measure organisational performance.
– Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics.
– Assist in production of cash flow reports, annual budget, and forecasts.
– Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management.
– Provide for a system of management cost reports.
– Provide financial analyses and models as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
– Minimum of seven (7) years work experience in Finance – preferably within the Insurance sector.
– Postgraduate Diploma in Finance and a Principle Officer certification of advantage.
– Solid understanding of the Kenyan Insurance ecosystem incl. of its policies, other related products but also its regulatory requirements.
– Ability to accurately plan work assignments, priorities tasks and deliver deadlines.
– Previous interaction within the Fintech sector is of advantage.
– Should be Customer obsessed to champion the customer in cross functional teams to ensure that our technology and processes deliver the best customer outcomes.
– Should have problem solving and decision making abilities.
– Excellent interpersonal skills and capable of performing as a team player and team leader.
– Open to travel up to 20% of the time.
How to Apply
Please e-mail your application to email@example.com. Ensure you indicate your salary expectation.
Please understand that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.